Quantcast

Monday, April 2, 2012

To Reveal or Not To Reveal

Friends, a very unscientific and impromptu poll for you all...

After putting off making my 18-20 week ultrasound appointment, I finally confirmed an appointment for tomorrow morning.  Of course the main purpose of this important ultrasound is to check on baby bean and see if it's happy and healthy, but we all know once health has been confirmed, the fun part is finding out the SEX of baby bean.

For the first time I am contemplating NOT finding out the gender of this baby.  I found out with the first two and up until a few days ago was sure I'd find out with this one too.  But now I'm not too sure.  The thing is, once I find out what the sex is, I feel like I'll have to start planning.  A nursery, clothes, names, etc.  And I'm not ready to do that.  It's not that I'm not excited, I just don't want the "pressure" I'll put on myself of having to figure it all out.

If I don't find out, we'll just go forth with setting up a bassinet in our room and go from there after the baby is born.

So I'd love your feedback/advice/suggestions.  Did you find out the sex with all your babies, or did you let it be a surprise?  Was it MORE stressful not knowing than you anticipated it would be?  For ease of planning would you wish you would have known?  Was it as exciting being surprised as everyone told you it would be?

Inquiring minds want to know!  Please share and tell me, should I find our or not find out?

5 comments:

  1. We waited for the surprise! Everyone guessed I was having a boy and well they were all wrong! I have a beautiful daughter :) I was even expecting her to be a boy. It is truly one of the best true surprises in life. You can stock up on white onsies and add to them later. My only regret was decorating the room and keeping it neutral. Wish I would've waited like you plan to if you wait to find out. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out both times, but hey, it's your baby, right? And if you don't feel like it this time, then just don't. It's not the last time before birth that you do an ultrasound, right? So you could always change your mind later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have one child, a daughter, which we so eagerly waited until the delivery to find out. Both my husband and I didn't want to know until the end. I like the excitement and I also liked the relax feeling of it didn't matter either way, and the fact that their was zero gender specific expectations (pink room for girl, blue for boy) - it was lovely and wouldn't have it any other way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have one child, a daughter, which we so eagerly waited until the delivery to find out. Both my husband and I didn't want to know until the end. I like the excitement and I also liked the relax feeling of it didn't matter either way, and the fact that their was zero gender specific expectations (pink room for girl, blue for boy) - it was lovely and wouldn't have it any other way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We didn't find out either time. With Elisa I had picked out my alphabet and animal decor early (cute set from Pottery Barn Kids) on before the ultra sound so we were set there. I always kind of thought she was a girl, but Chris did not want to know at all. With Lauren I sort of wanted to know, but at the last minute we opted not to find out. We used the same crib bedding and didn't have to repaint; we just had to paint Elisa's new room.

    I honestly came to check your blog to see if you had found out the sex of the baby or not, but I think it is great that you aren't.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...