Quantcast

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sponsor With a Cause

I said in Tuesday's post on Project 2011 that I was currently maxed out when it came to volunteering my time and energy to charities.  Time is always something we want more of and while right now I don't have enough time in the day to get the things done I really am passionate about, I do have a way to continue to raise funds and donate resources through something I'm already doing - blogging!

You may or may not have noticed that this month I started quietly taking sponsors, those with small and handmade business and blogs to promote.  I'm very thankful and excited to have these lovely ladies on board.  I'd like to continue to grow my sponsorships, and so a brilliant idea was born last night.  Part of the requirement for attending Camp Mighty is that I not only create a life list, but also raise at least $200 for Charity:Water.  I'm also walking in the JDRF Walk To Cure T1D next month and have to raise funds for Team Miranda Sarah.  Last night I was asking friends on my FB page for ideas of how I could raise money for these amazing charities, and Jenni came up with the idea to sell blog sponshorship spots.  Of course!

So for the month of November, if you'd like to sponsor Four Flights of Fancy, you'll really be helping to sponsor 2 of amazing charities; Charity:Water and JDRF.  100% of the proceeds raised by selling ad sponsorships will go straight to these 2 charities, split right down the middle.

Here are the details:  For $20 you'll get a 200x200 button ad for the month of November and the sponsorship will include a dedicated blog post to you and/or your shop!  I'll tweet and facebook the heck out of you as well to help promote you as much as possible.  In the last month since launching my new design page views have increased over 50% and subscriptions have increased by over 20%.  I can email you the specifics if you want them, but know that I'll work hard for you and your business!

If you want to know more about the charities I'm supporting here you go...

Charity: Water is a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations.  100% of public donations directly fund projects to help bring clean water to those that don’t have it.  Currently 1 billion people across the planet don’t have access to clean drinking water.  If I raise $200, I will help 10 people get access to clean water, and if my team reaches our goal of $5000, we will help build a well for an entire village.  I watched this video last night and the founder's excitement is contagious, touching and just damn exciting.  Be inspired and watch it for yourself.


JDRF: 3 years ago my friend's daughter Miranda was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.  Type 1, or juvenile diabetes, is a devastating disease that affects millions of people, a large and growing percentage of them children and there currently is no cure.  Miranda has to deal with numerous finger pricks a day, countless shots and life with a pump, for the rest of her long life.  But if we help to find a cure, she and millions of others won't have to live this way any longer!  I'm walking next Sunday at Dodgers Stadium along with thousands of others to help find a cure.  If you want your heart to be touched even more, watch this video featuring the lovely little Miranda Sarah herself.

When you sponsor Four Flights of Fancy in November, your $20 will be going to both of these charities.  So please shoot me an email if you're interested.  Alternately, if you'd like to donate directly to either of these charities so that your tax deductible donation can count, you can visit my Charity: Water page here or my JDRF page here.  As soon as I see your donation on my page, I'll post your ad!  Or if you want to pay the old fashioned way I'll just send you a PayPal invoice.  Email me if you're interested!

I'm excited!  Are you guys?!?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...