Quantcast

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Inspiration

Oh it's been fun using my hands again to make jewelry.  I was never stellar at it, but back in the day I was good enough to make pieces I was proud to wear.  I'm a little rusty, but it's been fun getting inspired by either things I see out and about, or via Pinterest.  Here are a few items that have caught my eye that I'd like to try.
If I could find the right kind of beads that are similar to these, this would be an absolute cinch to make.  All they used was the same type of cording I used to make my friendship bracelets.  The key is to find a great color first, and then focus on the shape. 
The girls over at Honestly WTF are little geniuses.  Both of these two bracelets are so smart and fun.  The things people come up with huh?  The bracelet above just calls for some rope and hardware store nuts, as in nuts and bolts.  And the bracelet below is enhanced with simple embroidery floss.  Thanks Miranda for pinning these, or else I would have probably overlooked them :)
Speaking of embroidery floss, I was up late last night getting used to the feel of making my own old school friendship bracelets again, but adding some pretty geometric beading to make them a little more grown up in feel.  I have to say, if using the right color combo of embroidery floss, they're actually quite beautiful.  You just need to make sure to add a toggle closure so you can slip them on and off.  I remember back in junior high the bracelets would get so gross after wearing them 24/7 for weeks on end.  That little DIY will be coming up soon.

Coming up next week, I'll finally be able to share with you this DIY I hinted at a few weeks back.  It's taken me a bit of time to complete, but I really love how it's turned out.  Simplicity is best sometimes.  
It was really fun to find that my tutorial for the threaded rhinestone bangles was pinned.  Such a nice bit of inspiration for me :)  You have until tomorrow to enter to win a set of friendship bracelets of your own by the way.  Just go here and comment to win by telling me what your favorite trend from your childhood was.  Easy peasy!
I'll leave you with this fun video from Leaf. I actually found it and bookmarked it about a month ago, and then forgot all about it. The girls at Honestly WTF though had the good sense to curate it with the rest of their DIY's. I've given up on wearing any sort of headband because the shape of my head just makes them pop right off, but for those of you with ideal scarf-wearing shaped heads might enjoy this. The music adds a snazzy touch, as well as the fun names.


How To Tie A Turband 3 Ways from LEAFtv on Vimeo.

Have a great day guys! I'm off to court to fight a ticket :(  BLECH!!! Thanks for all of the SUPER nice comments on my outfit yesterday too. It brightened my day and even my husband's, who was responsible for those lovely shots he took.

5 comments:

  1. Love the necklace. I'm sure a bead store will have similar beads. I'm all over that color this summer. Good luck fighting your ticket. No bueno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe on our girls' night we can sit around and make some awesome jewelry, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh headbands pop right off my head too! It's one of my great frustrations! cute stuff. Good luck with the ticket ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally am going to head to Home Depot tomorrow to grab some nuts and bolts. I am in love with that bracelet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...