Quantcast

Monday, January 31, 2011

Guest Blogger - Linda from Craftaholics Anonymous

Hi Everyone! I'm still on the road, off for a brief one night pit stop at mi casa before I head out to Dallas for one night, and then home for a while! My family and I had a wonderful time in NYC and I can't wait to share some of our adventures with you. For now, I need to go get some rest, but first I want to hand over the blog to the ever sweet and creative Linda from Craftaholics Anonymous.

Linda was one of the first craft blogs I discovered and when I saw her tutorial to make burlap heart wreaths, I became a little obsessed :) Thanks so much Linda for volunteering to guest post!

Hi there! I'm Linda from Craftaholics Anonymous and I'm so excited that Andrea let me come over and play today! I've enjoyed swappin tweets with Andrea for awhile now and she's such a doll.




Today I want to share with you how to make a simple wall hanging. This is a
great project to involve the kiddos and get them outside for a few minutes.
{although they may be bundled up depending on where you live!}
 
 I love simple, easy crafts that turn out stunning!
Supplies 
  •  7 Pine Cones, cleaned off (you can do more if you want)
  • Ribbon, cut into seven 18" strips and one 6" strip (I used 5/8" ribbon)
  • Frame (mine is an 11"x14")
  • Scissors
  • Hot Glue Gun
 Take each pine cone and put a dot of glue on the top.
 
 And press ribbon in place. Leave about 3" over hang. You can trim it
later if you don't like the look or want a shorter over hang.
Then arrange and stagger your pine cones so that they hang at different
lengths. Determine how far you want them to hang down (measuring with your
frame) and pinch the ribbon at your chosen length.
 Now take your 6" strip of ribbon and wrap it around the ribbon and tie
a knot. Then trim your ribbon as necessary. 
To hang your pine cones, hammer a pin or tiny nail through the ribbon and
into the wall right below the knot. Be sure to catch all the ribbon strands
with the pin/nail.You'll probably want to arrange your pine cones a little.
Mine got a bit jumbled in the hanging process! hehe After you have your pine
cones situated, hang your frame. I found it was easier that way, than trying
to redo the pine cones if I hung the frame wrong.

I just love this simple wall hanging! So simple, so gorgeous!

*note: my pine cones are closed in this picture, but they opened a couple
days later. And it looks a lot cooler!*
Stop by my corner of blogland, Craftaholics
Anonymous
and say hi sometime! and check out my other tutorials :)

Happy Crafting!
post signature



--
Linda Gardner
Craftaholics Anonymous

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...