Quantcast

Monday, September 21, 2009

A New & Improved Blog!

I figured out what the problem is with my blog. I really don't like it. Rather I didn't like it, BUT I am super jazzed about my new venture into blogland, complete with some jazz hands!
I spruced some things up while at the same time simplifying my layout. I changed the background and added a header picture that I just love. It was taken on Sydney's 2nd birthday at the LA Zoo by Art. I remember getting so annoyed with him at the time because we were leaving and as I was struggling to get the heck out of there, he stops for about 10 minutes to take picture of the flamingos. Look at what a gem he got though. I think it was kismet...the 2 flamingos entwined so that their necks are in the shape of a heart and 2 flamingos in the foreground to complete our little family of four. He takes a thousand pictures per outing but I have to hand it to him, he always ends up with a shot that takes my breath away or melts my heart.

I've been looking at a lot of random blogs lately that I stumble upon or find through suggestions and my favorites are the ones that highlight moments In the Life Of...I look back at my old posts and they're just so "eh". It's like I felt the need to chronicle our entire week in events instead of just focusing on single moments that make our life special. You know those moments where nothing is planned, and happiness and smiles just blossom out of spontaneity?




That's the good stuff.

The stuff that I want to remember and I pray my kids remember.





And why did I feel the need to just write about the kids? I am a person too with interests!

Going forward I plan to write about the kids of course. Our special adventures, things we make together, views on parenting, etc. But I also plan to write about the stuff that I love and makes me happy. Books that I've read, wine that I've enjoyed, food that I've made, new beauty products that I fall in love with, and ON and ON and ON! I love so many different things and I love to share those interests, so here's the place I'm going to do it. Did I mention that I also love to write? I may not always be good at it, but I'd like to think that with the right subject matter I can weave a somewhat interesting tale.

At the end of the day I am a mom and a wife. It seems pretty uncomplicated, but I am always trying to sort something out in my head. By putting pen to paper, or rather hand to keyboard, I hope to work some of those internal struggles out here. I've always found a little venting to be good for the soul :)

By the way, the new title is an ode to my love of wine FLIGHTS, as well as to my FLIGHT-y and FANCY-ful nature. I sometimes call myself Lucy because I am always coming up with some new hair-brain idea. FOUR of course representing our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...